These delicious lettuce cups filled with black pepper crispy chicken are made using Homemakerz Black Pepper Sauce. A classic recipe, made Homemakerz style!
1. Boneless Chicken (500 grams)
2. Flour (½ cup)
3. Corn Flour (1 tablespoon)
4. Egg (1)
5. Salt to taste
6. Homemakerz Black Pepper Sauce (1 teaspoon for marination & 2 tablespoons for coating)
7. Vegetable Oil (for frying - if using the air fryer, then 1 teaspoon for brushing)
8. Lettuce (I big head)
9. Onion (2 big finely sliced)
10. Corn Flour Slurry (as required)
11.Water (as required)
12. Parsley, Spring Onions & Peanuts for garnishing
13. Fried Bacon Strips (cut into pieces, for serving - optional)
Step 1. Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate it with flour, egg, corn flour, salt and Homemakerz Black Pepper Sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Step 2. Fry the chicken cubes in hot oil until crispy. This step can be done in the air fryer also at 200 degrees for 20 minutes in 2 -3 batches. Turn the side of the chicken after 10 minutes.
Step 3. In a pan add the Homemakerz Black Pepper Sauce and water as desired to give it a runny consistency.
Step 4. Add the chicken and toss it in the sauce on high heat.
Step 5. Add the corn flour slurry, about 2-3 tablespoons, just for the sauce to coat the chicken evenly.
Step 6. Add the onions and toss on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
Step 7. Transfer the sautéed chicken mixture to a serving bowl.
Step 8. To serve, place individual lettuce leaves on a serving plate and top with chicken mixture.
Step 9. Garnish with parsley, spring onions & peanuts. Can also garnish with fried bacon strips and serve as a starter or main dish.