Lahori Chicken Chargha
Chicken Chargha is a classic dish from the city of Lahore in Pakistan. It is an extremely rich & flavourful dish made with whole chicken, marinated in Homemakerz Garam Masala. Serve it, sprinkled liberally with Homemakerz Kaala Chaat Masala.
1. Chicken (1whole)
2. Salt & Water (2 tablespoons for the brine)
3. Kashmiri Red Chilli Puree (2 tablespoons)
4. Hung Curd (500 grams)
5. Salt to taste
6. Zeera Powder (1 teaspoon)
7. Dhania Powder (1 teaspoon)
8. Homemakerz Kaala Chaat Masala (2 teaspoons)
9. Homemakerz Garam Masala (1 teaspoon)
10. Turmeric (1 teaspoon)
11. Ginger, Garlic and Chilli Paste (2 tablespoons)
12. Potatoes (4 sliced)
13. Onion (4 cut in rings)
14. Lime Juice (of 2 lemons)
15. Coriander & Mint to garnish
16. Mustard oil (1 tablespoon)
17. Oil to fry the Chicken
Step 1. Clean the chicken and soak it in the brine for 2 hours.
Step 2. Mix hung curd with all the masalas and Homemakerz Garam Masala, mustard oil to make the marinade.
Step 3. Make deep horizontal cuts all over the chicken and marinate it in the above marinade and keep for 2 hours. Make sure the marinade gets in all the nooks and cuts of the chicken.
Step 4. Saute the onions and potatoes in the leftover marinade.
Step 5. Tie the chicken legs and wrap the chicken in a foil and steam it for 10-15 minutes.
Step 6. Remove the chicken from the foil and deep fry in hot oil for 5-6 minutes on each side. Make sure the oil level covers half the chicken while frying.
Step 7. Put the onions & potatoes on the base of a plate and keep the Lahori Chicken Chargha over it.
Step 9. Sprinkle it liberally with Homemakerz Kaala Chaat Masala.
Step 10. Serve hot with naan or roomali roti.