Pineapple Prawn Curry is a must try dish if you want the authentic taste of Malaysian cuisine. Rustle up this fragrant curry with Homemakerz Grill Salt & Sticky Sweet Sauce to create a Malaysian feast. Enjoy!
1. Prawn (250 grams)
2. Pineapple (200 grams)
3. Coconut Milk (200 grams)
4. Homemakerz Grill Salt to taste
5. Homemakerz Sticky Sweet Sauce (2-3 tablespoons)
6. Turmeric (1 teaspoon)
7. Galangal (1 inch piece)
8. Garlic (6-8 cloves)
9. Chilli Flakes (1 teaspoon)
10. Fresh Red Chilli (1 big - can substitute with a dry red chilli soaked in water)
11. Onion- (2 small)
12. Oil (2 tablespoons)
13. Prawn Paste (1/2 teaspoon – optional but this can also be store bought from the Asian section of any big supermarket)
14. Water (1 cup)
Step 1. Make a paste of the onions, garlic, red chilli, galangal or ginger.
Step 2. In a wok/deep dish pan, add oil and turmeric. Sauté the above paste till it leaves the sides of the pan.
Step 3. Add the prawn paste and cook for a few minutes.
Step 4. Now add the pineapple and cook till the pineapple is soft.
Step 5. Add the water & then the coconut milk and bring to boil. Add Homemakerz Grill Salt to taste.
Step 6. Remove from heat and add Homemakerz Sticky Sweet Sauce and the prawns.
Step 7. The prawns will cook in the heat of the curry.
Step 8. Garnish with chilli flakes and fresh coriander and serve hot with sticky rice.