Updated: Jan 2, 2021
This easy homemade mutton curry will become your go to mutton recipe every time you want to cook something with goat meat. Tender meat cooked in a spicy gravy, with Homemakerz Garam Masala, is a flavourful dish best had with hot rotis.
1. Mutton (500 grams, preference has always been shoulder cut mutton)
2. Onion (1 medium grounded to a paste & 1 medium sliced)
3. Tomatoes (1 medium)
4. Ginger- Garlic Paste (1 tablespoon)
5. Curd (2 tablespoon my preference is for sour curd)
6. Whole Garam Masala (2 tablespoons mix of Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper, Cumin, 1inch Cinnamon & 2 Bay Leaf)
7. Red Chilli Powder (1 teaspoon)
8. Coriander Powder (1 teaspoon)
9. Turmeric Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
10. Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
11. Homemakerz Garam Masala Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
12. Mustard Oil
13. Salt to taste
14. Green Coriander to garnish
Step 1 - Pressure boil the mutton with onion paste, chopped tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, salt & all the powdered masala except Kashmiri red chilli powder & garam masala powder.
Step 2 - In a Kadhai heat the mustard oil, till it's smoking hot. Temper it with whole garam masala & sliced onions. Saute well.
Step 3 - Dry the excess water from the mutton.
Step 4 - Add the pressure boiled mutton, with all the masalas to the Kadhai. Bhuno really well.
Step 5 - While the mutton is being sautéed, add beaten curd, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt to taste & continue to bhuno. The sautéing of the mutton is the key to its flavour & taste.
Step 6 - Bhuno the mutton till the oil leaves the sides of the Kadhai. Add water to make the gravy. Tip to remember while adding the water is that this is not a thin curry. Check consistency according to your own liking.
Step 7 - Add Homemakerz Garam Masala powder & freshly chopped coriander to garnish.
Step 8 - Serve hot with roti, paratha, tandoori roti or rice.
1. For best results follow the recipe as variations might alter the taste.
2. Having said that, salt, oil & chilli are a personal choice, and should be added according to one's taste.
Recipe Credit: Dr. Kusum Rajkumar | Baatein Kadhai Se