Updated: Jan 14
This veg stew is easy to make, lightly spiced, delicate, fragrant and flavoursome made with a bevy of mixed vegetables, creamy coconut milk and a dash of Homemakerz Thai Chili Garlic Sauce. A popular stew recipe from the Kerala cuisine, coming with a Homemakerz twist!
1. Oil (2-3 tablespoons)
2. Mustard Seeds (1 teaspoon)
3. Curry leaves (8-10)
4. Chopped Ginger (1 teaspoon)
5. Chopped Green Chilli (1 teaspoon or to taste)
6. Sliced Onions (2)
7. Carrots/Cauliflower/Beans/Potatoes (diced and 1/2 cup each)
8. Coconut Milk (1 and ½ cup)
9. Water (1/2 cup)
10. Lime Juice (2 teaspoons)
11. Salt to taste
12. Homemakerz Thai Chili Garlic Sauce (1 tablespoon or to taste)
1. Heat the oil.
2. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped ginger and chopped green chili and let it crackle.
3. Add onions and sauté slightly for 1 minute.
4. Add carrots, beans, cauliflower and potato and mix well. Add salt and half a cup of water.
5. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes till half cooked.
6. Add Homemakerz Thai Chili Garlic Sauce and coconut milk.
7. Mix well and cook till done.
8. Add lemon juice before serving.
9. Serve hot with rice