Lehsuni Palak Khichdi recipe is a healthy, tasty and comforting dish made using spinach, toor/arhar dal and Homemakerz new magic product Bajra Millet Rice. Enjoy the benefits of this delicious khichdi with desi ghee.
1. Homemakerz Bajra Millet Rice (One packet of 250 grams, cooked as per instructions on the pack)
2. Toor Dal (½ Cup)
3. Palak Puree (½ Cup)
4. Finely Chopped Garlic (2 Teaspoons)
5. Onion (1 Medium, finely chopped)
6. Tomato (1 Small, finely chopped)
7. Green Chilli's to taste
8. Salt to taste
9. Ghee (2 Tablespoons, can use any other cooking oil also)
10. Hing (One Pinch)
11. Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (½ Teaspoon)
12. Mustard Seeds (½ Teaspoon)
13. Dry Red Chilli's (2)
Step 1. Boil Homemakerz Bajra Millet Rice as per instructions on the pack.
Step 2. Boil and mash the dal.
Step 3. In a pan, take 1 tablespoon of ghee, add one teaspoon of garlic and cook till raw smell goes, add the onions and cook till the onions are translucent.
Step 4. Add the tomatoes and all the dry masalas and cook till tomatoes are soft and the ghee leaves the pan.
Step 5. Add the palak puree and cook.
Step 6. Add the dal after that and mix well.
Step 7. Gently add Homemakerz Bajra Millet Rice and mix well.
Step 8. In a small pan, add 1 tablespoon ghee, once it is hot add 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic and let it become crisp, add dry red chilli, mustard seeds, and hing, turn off the flame and add the red chilli powder.
Step 9. Pour over the Lehsuni Palak Khichdi. Serve hot with raita and papad.